Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Not your typical cookie cut kid



So while at a church school, I have realized I am not the cookie cut mormon kid that seems to dwell here. Most of the people that I meet here have grown up in the church, know the scriptures, have served a mission or are dating a return missionary. I am a convert who has done drugs, involved himself in sexual acts, gotten so drunk he has fallen off his face, burnt down a park, been arrested several times, has a good knowledge of his right for they have been read to him so many times and have been to hardcore concerts. Most of the people I meet here cringe at the sound of cursing or screamo music (its sad not being able to listen to Dace Gavin Dace openly) and will openly tell me that it is "offensive to them". So pretty much, I am missing home more and more every day. Especially since I heard Polo got a cone put on his head because he keeps licking his paw for some reason and now, as consequence of the cone being on his head, can not open the door but instead just sits and whimpers because he can't get out. 

In other news, I have gotten bored and started putting together a portfolio. So far it only has about 16 photos but I would like to get it up to 50 photos. But oh well. I have all summer to get that number up and I have alot of opportunities to do so.

2 comments:

kelly said...

Okay, so I didn't know about the drugs or the alcohol,so when did that happen?

~Stappsters~ said...

You sound unsure about living the standards. Have you heard about the mighty change?