Monday, April 20, 2009

first assignment

thought you might like this. this is my first assignment in writing that I did today.

'Once, as a small child, I would always enjoy to sit outside of my bedroom window that overlooked the pine trees, rose bushes and various furry critters frolicking around with one another. While on the roof my father was working in the garage, crafting a marvelous wooden boat that would have rivaled that of the vikings. It was this boat that would define his life as a craftsman, after working on it for over a quarter of his life it had to have been marvelous. The only downfall of his talent was his obsessive way of NEVER allowing anyone to see his work. Naturally, as a young boy I was curious as to what my oh so magnificent father was working on. After all, one day I would be in his shoes one day inspiring my own son to do great things as my father had inspired me to do. So as my curiosity started to get the best of me, I crept over to where the sun roof in the garage was. As I peered down into the tinted garage, I saw wonderful things, great things and things of which I can not describe in this because I am in a mormon college. There was my father, with my mother, in his oh so marvelous boat...... together. I screamed, ran inside my room through the open window. That night, I learned an important lesson. The stork was dead.'

enjoy

No comments: