Friday, October 3, 2008

Stars in the void of space

Well, now I'm starting to apply for Byu-Id and to be honest, I'm getting kind of doubtful that I will get accepted and if Caryn reads this I'm probably going to get a talking to but oh well. But on the bright side it some how makes me feel like I've done something good in my life because I have to think about all my activities and talents and since someone is helping me apply, I have someone to tell me what they think is a talent. 

I also went to the doctors for my stomach and insomnia and I got meds for both. So far the stomach medication is working but as for the organic stuff she had me try, its not the same story. But also I had a huge disappointment once I stepped on the scale and when I told the doctor how I felt it was confirmed that I have an eating disorder but the worse part is that I have no desire to do anything about it. So looks like I'm in for heart failure and malnutrition. WOOT!

So tonight I was riding my bike around town as usual and I was pulled over by a police officer and he asked me the usual things. 
"Have you been drinking?" No, I'm Mormon. I don't do anything like that. 
"What about that V.I.P. bracelet?" It's from the Switchfoot concert last weekend.
Then he asked me something that kind of shocked me.
"Are you homeless?"
I don't know why that took me by surprise but it did. I personally don't think I look homeless. Oh well. Then he just left and told me to ride with traffic and it was all fine and dandy. When I ride at night I like to go by churches and look at the stars and think. And here are some things that I thought of while looking at the stars.

"The brightest stars are not the most amazing ones. The ones that you have to search for will be the ones that take your breath away."
"Light from lampposts seem more natural when there are about ten in front of you and you can truly see that each one has a different shade to it."
"Stars seem to last longer than you do, so if I do get married I want to buy her a star for both of us so if one of us dies before the other we can look up and remember that we will last forever."

No comments: